Thursday, August 9, 2012

Yelp's Passport to GNO Event: Cupcakes & Canapés @ Café Caturra

I braved the big evening thunderstorm that we had last night in Raleigh and drove downtown to Cameron Village for my second Yelp Event. This event was held at Café Caturra. The cafe has a an intimate atmosphere with low, low lighting, comfy upholstered seating, and a fire place. 

The cafe was serving various canapés and Gigi's was there with a tower of full size cupcakes. It was much more mellow than the event at the chocolate factory, so I am glad that I went to that one first so I already knew a few of the women attending.

I know these photos are not the best, but it is because Cafe Caturra was filled with very low, ambient lighting.

 
I took my cupcake ticket to the Gigi's cupcake table and tried a champagne cupcake with raspberry butter cream "Gigi's Style", which means upsidedown and smashed into the plate. The cupcake was very moist with a lingering almond flavor and the butter cream had a light raspberry flavor and it was rolled in beautiful sugar crystals. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment